First, quick attack tactics
(1) Fast Break Tactic Concept
In a fast break from defense to offense, whole team pushes ball into frontcourt with maximum speed and in shortest possible time, seeking to create a numerical and positional advantage by playing more and less, decisively and intelligently. Offensive tactics for fast attacks.
The fast break is an important part of offensive tactics in basketball. Characterized by sudden launch and rapid attack, it is sharpest weapon in modern offensive tactics and most important counterattack scoring method. Thanks to development of basketball technology, development of fast-break tactics has been developed. The speed of fast-break is getting faster and faster, and success rate of fast-break is getting higher and higher. The key is to buy time, create opportunities, and make quick decisions.
(2) Characteristics and requirements of fast-break tactics
1. Characteristics of Fast Break Tactic
(1) The whole team participates, each player owns technique of fast attacking, number of participants is large, pivot points are many, distance of first pass is large, speed of fast game is fast, and one-on-one ability is strong.
(2) At end of a fast break, straight dunks often use jump shots, mid-range and long-range shots, and one-pass, one-dunk catches in air. means end of fast break.
(3) When fast attack is blocked, assess situation, catch and use rhythm of attack without missing opportunity, and seamlessly combine fast attack with transitional attack and positional attack, fully reflecting offensiveness and continuity of attack. attack.
2. Basic Requirements of Fast Break Tactics
(1) Raise awareness of quick attack, never miss a quick attack opportunity, actively organize and launch a quick counterattack.
(2) When transitioning from defensive to offensive, start quickly, spread out in time, maintain a reasonable position and running route, and make sure that front and back levels are in order, and left and right should take care of each other. .
(3) Players who capture team should observe situation from far to close and send ball in time at best fast break moment to reduce unnecessary passing and dribbling.
(4) Once fast break is blocked, other players must follow in time. Do not slow down attack speed easily, but pay attention to timely adjustment of attack rhythm.
(5) If a quick attack fails, it is necessary to strengthen connection between a quick attack and a positional attack and quickly move on to a positional attack.
(3) Organizational form and fast-break structure
The fast break tactic is commonly used in following situations: basketball fast break in backcourt, throw-in fast break, fastthree breaks on steals, fast breaks on jump ball in center and backcourt.
In terms of organizational form, fast break can be divided into two types: fast break with long pass, short pass and combined fast break with dribbling.
1. Long pass and fast break
This refers to a collaboration where a player uses one or two passes to pass ball to a teammate who quickly runs towards opponent's basket to execute a kick after player receives ball in backcourt. It is characterized by strong suddenness, fast speed, short time and high success rate.
A fast break with a long pass usually consists of two stages: start and end of fast break.
2. Short passing and dribbling combined with fast attack
This refers to a collaborative method in which players use fast, short-range passes and dribbling to move into frontcourt and attack after they receive ball in backcourt. It is characterized by flexibility, a clear hierarchy and easy success. A fast break combined with a short pass and dribble consists of three phases: start and return, advance and finish.
(4) Fast Break Tactic Coordination Method
1. Long pass and fast break method
Example: Long pass and fast break after a rebound
⑤ After capturing rebound, first observe situation in audience, understand launch time of fast break, ① and ② fast break, and beat defense in time. ⑤Depending on situation, make a long pass to ① or ② for a shot. ③④⑤ spaces should be inserted.
2. Short passing method combined with dribble and fast break
Example: ⑤ After catching rebound, pass ball to responder ④, and ④ pass ball to ③ dribble and advance. ① and ② quickly fall along touchline, ③ passes ball to ① or ② to take throw depending on situation, ④ and ⑤ follow.
3. Dribbling method for breaking through a fast break
Advance from center and sideline, ⑤After catching rebound, ③Catch ball and pass ball ① which runs along sideline, ①Then pass back ③Advance from middle, ① and ② quickly pass along sideline, ④ and ⑤ follow afterwards.
4. Coordination method at end of a quick break
(1) A method of cooperation between two attacks and one. When fast break moves into frontcourt to form a two attack and one attack situation, attackers should open appropriate distance, widen attack range, and use offensive methods such as fast passing, fast dribbling, and dribbling breakout shots to create offensive shooting opportunities. .
Example 1: During fast break ① and ②, draw ⑤ to defend ①, ① immediately pass ball to ②, which breaks through to shooting basket.
Example 2: ②Use dribbling to break through to basket to get attention ⑤Step forward to intercept ball and quickly pass ball ①Shoot from other side.
(2) Three attacks and two methods of cooperation
In a three-on-two game, players on left and right should move away from touchline and slightly forward, while players in center should stay slightly back, maintaining a triangular shape and widening attacking surface. When attacking, you must decide to dribble through center or from behind sideline in accordance with formation of defense, as well as decisively and timely handle ball in accordance with changes in defense during breakthrough.
Example 1: Attacking method when defenders are in parallel positions. ① Dribbling and breaking between two defenders When meeting with ④ an interception during a break, immediately pass ball to ② for a kick. When ② meets an interception ⑤ after receiving ball, ② passes ball to ③ for a kick.
Example 2: An attacking method where defender moves forward and backward. When opponent takes positions in front and behind to block middle lane tightly, attacker must first organize fast dribbling from both sides to break through basket. Since ⑤ is slightly to left, when ③ dribbles and breaks through to basket and meets ⑤ intercepting ball in time, immediately pass ball to ② for a shot.
If ③ starts to dribble to right, ④ defends ③ in time, and if ⑤ focuses on defending ②'s shot, then ③ can pass ball to ① shooting from center.
Example 3. Offensive method when defense takes an oblique position. When an attacker dribbles from center to attack, ① break through dribble from center and immediately pass ball to ③ to shoot when meeting with an interception ④.
Another example: ① dribbles forward from center because ④ steps back to defend ③ an air kick and ⑤ moves in time to intercept ①'s break in center, ① must immediately pass ball to ② to kick.
(1) The key to success of fast break tactic is that after capturing rebound, formation must be quickly dispersed, first pass and response must be fast, advance speed must be fast, and final fast. The break shot must be stable and accurate.
(2) The receiving point must be as far forward as possible, and receiving position must be in an open area on both sides of free-throw line extension.
(3) As ball advances down center, it must form an anti-triangle with players on either side of rhythm.
(4) At end of a fast break, various shooting opportunities should be used, and mid-range and long-range shots may also be used when opponent shrinks to basket.
May 14, 2023