1. Learning steps
(1) First of all, it is necessary to clarify concept, organizational structure, organizational form and basic requirements of a fast breakthrough.
(2) Conduct disparate exercises first, then conduct combined drills, and finally conduct full tactical rapid attack drills.
(3) First practice launch and hold response combination, and then do practice of decomposing maneuvering and response combination, first practice long pass and fast attack, and then transition to short pass and fast attack.
(4) For training at end of a fast break, you must first practice two attacks and one coordination, then three attacks, two coordinations, and finally learn two attacks, two and three attacks. three coordinations.
2. Practice Method
(1) Practicing long passes and fast breaks
Drill 1: ① After catching ⑥ rebound shot ② quickly catch ① a long pass down sideline to pause. ①Pass ball to back ③, ②After hitting ball, ④ capture rebound, ②Pass to back ⑤. In same way, do exercises on other side.
Requirements: The long pass must be timely and accurate to lead people with ball. Players who are falling fast should run sideways and make sure to catch and shoot at any time.
Drill 2: ③ After catching rebound, ② drop down quickly along sideline, ① connect and receive a pass from ③, and then make a quick long pass to ② for a shot.
Requirements: It is forbidden to dribble after a rebound. The first pass must be made quickly.
(2) Practicing short passes and fast breaks
Three people make a short pass and a quick break, ①After catching rebound, quickly pass ball to responder ③, ③Return to ①, ① to ②, ② to ① in time, ① again pass ② or ③ for a shot, and other two will fight for rebounds .
Requirements: It is forbidden to dribble after catching bounce, first pass must be made quickly, responder must jump in time and pass ball in time and accurately according to speed of fast moving ball. player. Fast break players should always be ready to catch and throw ball.
(3) Practice at end of quick break
Exercise 1. Two for price of one. Starting from ①②, whole court starts with two attacks and one, ④ defends, and then from ④⑤ to opposite basket to perform two attacks and one, and so on to train forward and backward.
Requirements: quick start, quick advance and decisive handling of ball.
Exercise 2. Three hits and two hits. ①②③Attack, ④⑤Defend. After three attacks and two, ④⑤⑥ three people will attack in opposite direction, and other group will have two people to defend, who will walk back and forth in turns and constantly train.
Requirements: Master fast and slow rhythm, keep deep formation and reduce mistakes.
(4) Five-person Fast Break Practice
Exercise 1: 5 team members start in a general defensive position and perform rapid spread, reaction and push-off drills as needed. ⑤ When catching rebound, ③ on right quickly moves to side and then passes to ⑤, while ①② falls quickly and ④⑤ quickly follows.
Requirements: At beginning of practice, attack speed can be properly controlled, and running route must be clear, and depth and layers can be clearly defined as needed.
Drill 2: ⑤ Immediately after catching rebound, pass to left to call ①, ③ quickly enter center to make a second call, and then quickly drive forward, ① Pass ball ③, then quickly go down side line , right ② Swiftly descend down right sideline, ④⑤ Swiftly follow up.
Requirements: After catching rebound, first pass must be fast and accurate, and responding players must quickly enter receiving zone.
May 14, 2023