In a fierce opposition, we often make mistakes in stopping and catching ball. When you are practicing, it is not difficult to stop and catch ball when there is no opposition. , mainly in regular exercises, it is necessary to reinforce practice of stopping and catching ball while moving. The body and brain adapt to such an environment and rhythm during normal training. Today I will share this lesson with you, I hope it will be useful to you.
First, let's do some warm-up exercises for movement of foot: a quick lateral movement of "crab step" is convenient for you to adjust your position in time to catch ball.
1. Teammates throw ball to your left and right sides respectively. After quickly moving to side, use inside of foot to pass ball to teammates without stopping and repeat.
2. Same as 1, but from inside of foot to front of the instep.
3. Same as in 1 and 2, passing ball on outside of instep of foot.
4. Up difficulty a bit, first stop ball with your hip and then pass ball straight to your teammates.
5. Same as 4, except that chest is used to first stop ball and then pass ball.
6. Head exercise, one side is a low-altitude ball (no need to take off), and other side is a high parabolic ball that requires a high jump.
Move forward and backward
1. In many cases, we need to meet ball forward or backward in order to catch ball. The content of training is not only to move horizontally, left and right, but also to move forward and backward. The latter places higher demands on mastering distance of ball.
2. Similar to point 7, except that passive footwork has changed from inside of foot to instep.
3. Same as in 7 and 8, go to outside instep of foot.
4. We cannot receive many balls directly, and distance between ground and the body is also different. Simulation training is also important in this situation.
5. Stop ball with your thigh and then return it to your teammates with your feet, all in one go.
6. Similar to point 5, chest + pass.
7. Same as previous heading workout, one low ball and one high ball.
The above training method requires two groups, one person passes ball to another person. Stick with it and in a month you will find that your ability to stop and catch ball on move will greatly improve in game.
Your attention is biggest motivation for an editor!
August 30, 2023