Hello friends, today I will introduce you to backhand serve with a semi-high toss.
Click on me to watch video version of training
A high left throw is very difficult to control in distance and height, so a left throw tends to use a half-high throw. The basics of action for tossing ball from left and serving from left are almost same, except that height of ball toss is higher, mostly about one meter.
1. Basic posture and position for left semi-high throw
(1) Base position
A normal left toss stance with a semi-high serve also consists of right foot behind front left foot.
(2) Place of preparation
The ball must also be placed in palm, but not in front of palm, but on palm. When throwing ball, you must put non-holding clapping hand above clapping hand, because it is equivalent to supporting ball. Supporting is much more stable than throwing with one hand. clapping hand on chest, and elbow joint is good to support. You can see that angle formed by forearm and big arm is basically about 90 degrees. The stand is stable, and forearm is almost parallel to table surface, so that our non-clapping hands are more stable when placed on it and then bounce like this.
Second, basic actions of semi-high throw on left
(1) Center of gravity when throwing ball
When throwing ball, do not push body's center of gravity too low. If you press too low, you won't be able to control ball's landing point. You should also use your body's center of gravity to assist in throwing ball Release ball as far as possible The arc is thrown straight up and down, do not lean too far to left or right, this will affect detection of hit point.
As for main points of throwing ball, I would like to reiterate for everyone that when ball is thrown, center of gravity drops a little.
(2) Take a photo from back left
When ball falls, there must be a waiting period. The waiting period can be a good way to find rhythm of this pitch. It's hard to find hit point, so when ball is tossed up, there's a short pause, and then touch ball, find feel of that pause, pause, and then rub.
When ball stops in process of tossing, racket should be pulled back to left while holding the clapperboard.
(3) Swing and hit ball
1. Arm swing with waist belt
And at moment of touching ball, we must learn to use waist and hips to control arms to apply force. The arm span should not be too large, just a little. The forward force can be less, and rightward force can be a little more, because if there is too much forward force, arc of ball will be longer. If we want to send it shorter, forward motion must be less and rightward motion must be more.
2. Find keypoint
At beginning of half-throw serve from left we can also move our arms a little less, first find point of impact, and then move to point where point of impact is just above net in process of falling. When touching ball, you need to feel sensation of using racket to absorb ball .At this time, you do not need to rub ball hard, just lightly touch ball.
3. Center of Gravity Arc
There is one detail that everyone needs to pay attention to: in process of swinging racket and rubbing ball, body's center of gravity will follow falling ball and push down, so that arc can be controlled lower, and point of impact can be found more clearly.What g, use your body's center of gravity to follow arc of ball. Adjusting center of gravity of body is actually same as when serving from right. Also, center of gravity must be raised when throwing ball up. When ball falls, it rubs and center of gravity is pressed down. Pressing center of gravity down while hitting can lower arc of ball and better find point of impact.
4. Shake your wrist to apply force
After practice, you will be able to find point of impact, and then you can gradually add hand shake. If you are shaking your arms, you must learn to use your waist and hips to control your forearm to apply force. t swing your wrist too much, a quick jerk is made at the moment of impact.
Third, some issues to watch out for on semi-high backhand
(1) The half-height throw from left requires strength of upper waist and arms to send ball fast and long, and left leg must also use auxiliary strength so that all strength can be more effectively concentrated.
(2) The first jump should be as close as possible to end row of our table.
(3) The racquet can stand a little more and add more force forward, so forward strike will be stronger.
(4) While serving ball, center of gravity can move back a little, if it is moved forward, ball can be easily killed. When throwing ball, center of gravity can be slightly retracted.
(5) After ball is thrown, you have to wait a bit before turning your lower back to catch racket, because this is different from normal backhand serve, ball is thrown higher if you throw it You can't wait for ball to drop and then start spinning, it's going to be very uncoordinated so you have to pause for a few tenths of a second and then perform belt turn.
(6)Semi-high tossed left serve requires very precise timing and body coordination
In game, half-high toss serve from left is also quite confusing. It can cause different rotations, but it requires a good feel. I also hope that everyone can practice a lot and finally use it in game.
Ping-pong network organized by Liu Baosheng
November 06, 2023