Click on me to watch video tutorial
Lu Yi's tutorial for this episode was basically explaining basics of fast cutting. For more details, please take a look at this episode's tutorial.
In order to meet needs of felling enthusiasts, Pingpong.com has launched a series of tutorials "Learn to cut from scratch". The training is conducted by Liu Yi, a former player of the national felling team. .
Liu Yi has already introduced us to three ways of cutting ball: slow cutting, fast cutting and side cutting. Today I will focus on explaining second method of cutting ball - fast cutting. Let's go over basics of Action.
1. Basic Actions
(1) Referring to racket: raise your hand.
(2) Point of impact: The point of impact must be early, during ball's rise period, to hit ball when ball falls off table, rebounds and accelerates.
(3) Direction of Force: With force of ball, you need to use force of ball to slash. angle to make ball turn a little.
(4) Racket shape: Racket shape must be vertical, strike ball with front side and cut off rubber particles standing upright.
(5) Center of gravity: The center of gravity should be slightly raised to give ball a sense of pressure.
Second, applicable terms
This method of cutting the ball can be used for taller and longer balls pulled by a normal opponent. If you pull it back, it will be too far.
Ping-pong network organized by Liu Baosheng
November 08, 2023